Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lesson Of The Day: He Who Is Without Sin....

So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first" (John 8:7).
 
Sin - something we are all to familiar with.  No it is not anything we should be proud of or boast about, yet we all fall short of His glory and are guilty of sin (Romans 3:23). 
 
In this verse, there was a woman found guilty of adultery which was then punishable by stoning her to death.  What a horrible way to die.  If we all had to stand before God this day, and answer for what we have done to others whether it be by action, word, and/or thoughts, where would we stand?    I raise this question because lately I have heard over and over again that Church Folks can be some of the most critical people you will find. 
 
I don't know about you, but I surely do not accept that label and we need to change that mind set!  I am not going to stand here and say that I have not been guilty of some shape or form of this, but I am praying that myself and others take responsibility and start acting in a more Christian manner.  Jesus Christ himself stood before this crowd and guarded this woman from her punishment. 
 
He stand before you, He stands before I, and He is standing before each and everyone around us guarding us from the punishment we rightfully deserve. 
 
So please,  my Sisters, my Brothers lets start acting like our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! He came to give us life - it is your Christian responsibility to bring folks to Christ and not throw stones. 
 
Have a blessed and glorious day. Ya Dig?...

No comments:

Post a Comment