Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Lesson Of The Day: Never Judge A Book By Its Cover...

Keeping It Real: Seriously!!!! When I was married, this traveling salesman came to my home selling perfume oils! I had just finished cooking my dinner and I had made some neckbones with black eyed peas, candied sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese & hot water cornbread patties! 

As I was browsing through his many selections, he said " wow, that food sure smells good"! Oh yeah, he was a white man around 35 years old and I give him the spiel on what I had cooked and he says "  I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE neck bones & black eyed peas! A white man loving neckbones & peas just didn't fit the picture, so me, being the generous person I am & also wanting to call him on it just to see, because I knew in my heart, this white man DID NOT EAT neckbones & black eyed peas! OK!!!!, I invited him to dinner! He had mentioned he was staying in a motel & was eating fast food before I even offered him the meal! 

Long story short, when this man pulled off his jacket and put a HUMP in his back, he ate them neckbones & black eyed peas like it was his LAST SUPPER!! I couldn't believe, he knew how to pull the bones apart and get all the meat (neck bone eaters know exactly what I am talking about, LOL) ! Brotherman asked for a 2nd helping of them! I was too outdone! 

So, never judge a book by its cover because they might eat up all your food! Ya Dig?... 

No comments:

Post a Comment