Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Lesson Of The Day: But Do You Go To Church?...

Keeping It Real: It's really easy to sit on Twitter, Facebook, Myspace or any social network site and post comments, share pictures you found about God & Church, BUT do you go? Some folks think because they say it, post it, share it or even comment on it, they are safe! NOT!!!!!

Then we have the ones that bargain with God, I stopped cursing, so now I can fornicate, I stopped drinking, so now I can smoke weed! If you do this for me God, I will stop doing such and such and go to church! I know, *been there and have done it*!!! 

I come from a church background, father and several brothers are ordained ministers! Raised in and under the church and as an adult, I still go to church!  My thing is, I see so many folks posting on these social sites about how they have stopped doing such and such and God is 1st in their lives but yet, they are still doing things, that are considered a sin! Just because you stopped smoking, doesn't mean you can drink and just because you stopped cursing, doesn't mean you can have sex! You do not trade one sin for another!

I am not a Bible toting person. I drink, curse, have sex and smoke but I do NOT under any circumstances, use God as a CRUTCH!!! I know I am a sinner! 

If you're going to walk it, walk the walk and if you're going to talk about it all the time, talk the talk! Don't just speak about it, BE ABOUT IT! God knows your heart, but He also sees and knows what you do. Ya Dig?..

No comments:

Post a Comment