Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lesson Of The Day: My 1st Time Voting Experience...

Keeping It Real: I remember the 1st time I voted, I was 22 years old in 1980, had just graduated from college and would you all BELIEVE my 1st Presidential vote was REPUBLICAN?!! I voted FOR Ronald Reagan! Hahahahahaha I got to meet him and hear him firsthand because I worked at the RNC Hotel (Detroit Plaza/Renaissance Ctr) in Detroit!

Met Gerald Ford, Spiro Agnew, Nancy Reagan, Betty Ford and there were so many SS men running around the place! I must say, it was a great experience but my next Presidential vote from 1984 on til this day has been Democrat! Reagan, may he rest in peace GAVE a great speech and had me fooled the 1st time, 2nd go round, even though he won, I voted against him!

I remember walking into the voting place clueless and felt my heart swell when I cast my 1st time vote and still feel a sense of accomplishment when I vote!

Being a woman and a woman of color means A HELLUVA lot because women weren't allowed to vote at first and neither were Blacks! So whenever I cast a vote, it is done with PRIDE, GRACIOUSNESS & KNOWLEDGE!!! Ya Dig?...

No comments:

Post a Comment