Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Sunday, December 08, 2013

Lesson Of The Day: Not Of Christ....

Keeping It Real: Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:12-14).
 
We all have a story to tell - some chose to share their story to strengthen or encourage another Sister but some chose not to.  This is because of various reason but most likely because we have not become comfortable with our story, or maybe it still is painful. Whatever the reason - there is a story!
 
There is nothing nice about my story, I lived in the flesh most of my young 20's and 30's.  I did what I wanted to do and I took no prisoners.  I didn't realize that I was actually a prisoner of sin - I had become so used to that life that my life in Christ was pretty much buried so deep inside of me that you would need a road map to find it.  Nothing I am proud of but unfortunately it is the ugly truth.
 
Paul had a similar story, a life of flesh and not of Christ.  He told his story while in prison in Rome.  Paul told his story to encourage those heavy heart to let them know that we all fall short of the glory of God, but God is so forgiving that you must never loss sight of Him.  When we allow our circumstances define us, we lose sight of God.  Never allow your yesterday to define your tomorrow.  "forgetting those things that are being and reaching forward" - this should be our goal.
 
But let me remind you that you should never forgetting that path crossed to get where you are -  but not allowing those path stones to block you from where you are going. "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus". Paul discover this and he wrote his story to allow other to know just how merciful and forgiving God is.  We may all stubble, we may even fall down, but we must never loss focus.  We must learn that our story is also our strength in Christ.
 
The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him ( Psalm 28:1). Ya Dig?....

No comments:

Post a Comment