Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lesson Of The Day: Fathers Rights...

Keeping It Real: Do we ever think about how it feels when a man has to ask permission to see his child?, especially when WE gave him permission to CREATE the child! It's like asking permission to get a snack or something. Can I come see my child? Can I spend time with my child? As he waits to see if we will allow him to do so. We have become the disciplinarian over both he and the child. 

Do you know how it must feel to a man to humble himself and subject himself to what we as women view as "power?". I mean there is only so much a man can take! And no I am not saying for men to just give up, but we like to talk about fathers not being there for their children, but we don't want to have an honest talk about all the REASONS for fathers not being there, especially if it places the women in a less than favorable light.

A man might think what difference can I make four days out of a MONTH, when my child is with his mother being fed off her energy, thoughts, her values or lack thereof, is in an unhealthy mental, spiritual, and emotional environment, that could ultimately impact his child in a negative manner. How can he change the negative view that his mother has painted of him four days out of the month? What can he teach his child that will make an impact every other weekend especially if the child is at a crucial age in his development?

I know that there are fathers fighting over more visitation time with their children as well as custody, and I know it is a struggle. Sadly....in some cases a mother is only seen as unfit if she places her child in physical danger, but no one stops to think about the psychological danger a child may be in.

A man can have his freedom jeopardized, yet there are no constraints placed on her womb. Think about it! Ya Dig?...

No comments:

Post a Comment