Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lesson of The Day: God Is Truly Amazing...

Keeping It Real: As for God, His way is perfect.  The Word of the Lord has stood the test.  He is a covering for all who go to Him for a safe place.  For Who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock except our God?  It is God Who covers me with strength and makes my way perfect.  He makes my feet like the feet of deer.  And He sets me on my high places.  He teaches me how to fight, so that I can use a bow of brass.  You have also given me the covering that saves me. Your right hand holds me up.  And Your care has made me great (Psalm 18:30-35).
 
What  a wonderful scripture of encouragement about just how marvelous and loving my God, your God truly is! 
 
I was thinking this morning about the various season of life.  Some times we are in that season of maturing.  During this season God is growing us, molding us, and possibility disciplining us.  Sometimes that season can get very difficult but yet, God continues to strengthen us even when we are disobedient to His Will.  You might not have experienced this but I have.  I have heard the Word and yet, I was disobedient. 
 
But thanks be to God, He continued to strength me through His Word, by conviction and direction.  Yes, God's Word is powerful and it has the power to do just what is needed in our time of maturing. 
 
When I think of discipline I typically think of how I discipline my children.  And this typically involves a bit of though love - God is no different.  Sometimes to get us to where we need to be, we have to encounter some tough love from God. Tough love can be difficult at times, but for us to grow in Christ we must learn to stop, look and yes, listen. 
 
In Psalms 18, the Word of God tells me that not only does He strengthen me, but He gives me endurance to withstand - He provides me a safe place in Him, and He makes my way perfect.  Ya Dig?..

No comments:

Post a Comment