Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Sunday, February 02, 2014

Lesson Of The Day: Incomplete...

Keeping It Real: And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought all their sick to him  and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed (Matthew 14:35-36).
 
In Christ we are complete, but without Christ we are incomplete.  So I started thinking.  If I am complete in Him then why do I feel so incomplete at times.  This verse of Matthew speaks of the ill who need healing, but isn't that our state.  Are we not all in need of a Man who can heal us from all affliction, physical, mental and yes carnality.  In my complete state I feel satisfied - In 1 Thessalonians 1:3 Paul reminds me, "remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father". 
 
So what Paul is telling us is that even in those moments of incompleteness remember - The same God who presents me, with new grace and new mercies each day (Lamentations 3). I should and shall seek Him, daily. 
 
So of course I started thinking how to best describe this process - if I fill my life with the Spirit of God and then allow other junk in - what happens? Glad you asked.  So I took a cup of cold water, ice cold water.  Filled it to the top, then started to fill the cup with tap water, guess what happened.  All the cold water, was now room temperature.  Yes, when we take all that God has placed in us, and we start filling it up with other junk, that junk takes over. 
 
All who gathered, had faith.  Faith that just one touch of His cloak and they were made whole.  What are you believing God to do in your life.  He is already a live in you - exercise your faith as the crowd who  gathered on that day, and you too, will be complete. Ya Dig?...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment