Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Lesson Of The Day: Grow, Restore & Renew With Jesus...

When you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.  You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds, and to put on new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness ( Ephesians 4:20-24).
 
Wow - what a scripture.  God gave it all to us! A chance to have life and have it more abundantly but we continue to live as though we have never been taught right from wrong.  Maybe I am just talking to myself.  But Paul said it better than I, For I do not do good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing...For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me (Romans 7:18-23).
 
So lets look at this for a moment, God has place in us His spirit - yet we continuing to live life as it was before, we knew Christ.  We all have habits, some good and some, well not so good.  We have to do some serious spring cleaning of our minds!  We have to throw out the old man and allow the Spirit of God that dwells within each and everyone of us to grow and renew our thinking.  Just like we say, Satan get the behind, we need to speak life over our old ways and start moving forward into our destiny and purpose God has for YOU.
 
God loves you so much, that He has designed a purpose specifically for you.  "His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).
 
God inhabits the praises of His people, I am not the same - you are not the same.  God has renew, restored, and revive in me, HIM. Amen...Ya Dig?..

No comments:

Post a Comment