Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Lesson Of The Day: A Prayer Delayed Is Not A Prayer Denied...

I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about your weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me (2 Corinthians 12:7-9)).
 
Rest - In the Power and the Strength of God.  There is absolutely no other place to get complete peace, complete rest!  When we deal with circumstances and trails that seemly never go away - did it ever enter your mind that maybe, just maybe God was trying to get your attention. We pray for relief for our circumstances, but do we also pray for peace during this time.  In all things, God has given us the strength we need to endure all things.  Yes, it gets rough sometimes, but there is absolutely nothing that God can not do - if He wills it so.
 
But just think about this for a moment, humility is a hard lesson to learn. Often times God blesses us with great gifts, and talents.  Paul was gifted with a great vision for God's people and revelations.  With such insight temptation was always present.  Therefore, I am sure Satan was just sitting and waiting for the right moment to swoop down and turn the goodness of God into evil. 
 
But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to  save many people alive (Genesis 50:20).
 
Paul was dealing with this thorn and he wanted it removed as we all do when dealing with discomfort.  But as Paul learned and we should know, God's grace is sufficient in all things.  God's time is not our time, and His ways are not our ways.  Remember, a prayer delayed is not a prayer denied.  Amen..Ya Dig?..

No comments:

Post a Comment