Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Lesson Of The Day: Black Friend/White Friend/Asian Friend/Hispanic Friend Or Any Race


Keeping It Real: You have a friend who is a different nationality/ethnic/race than you, they invite you to a party and you are the ONLY person of your race there and a topic comes up and they depict your race as being horrible, negative comments are being made, do you stand by and say nothing or do you speak up and defend your race? If your friend posts/says/comments what you consider offensive information about a person and or something that is of your race, because they might think is funny or even joke about it, will you call that person on it? If get an offensive email, which is clearly racist and your friend says, it is a joke, please do not be offended by it, would you?


My thing is, if it was me, 1st case, I would clearly speak out about it! They would have to put something in my mouth, to shut me up, OK!!!! Just because some do, doesn't mean all are! When a person tells me, my best friend is of whatever race & they are not offended by it, I say b/s! Only way, they aren't offended is if, they have denounced their race completely and think in their mind, they are another race, only way! How can you post something or even send something offensive about their race and include the person of that race in on it! If you know you have a friend of that race on your email addys, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace  and or any Network social site, why post something, they may find offensive?, especially if it is about their race and then say don't be offended or I am not racist! I'm just saying, you may not be a racist but what you said, sent or allowed, MAY BE! Food for thought! Ya Dig?... 

No comments:

Post a Comment