Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lesson Of The Day: Open Letter To Idris Elba

Keeping It Real: One of my FAVORITE celebrities! He is THE JACK of all TRADES and one of the HARDEST working celeb in his field!

Here goes:  My Dearest Idris,

The way you have portrayed your many characters had me simmering for years & I would just boil over at the mention of your name!! 


My Driis passion started with your character Stringer Bell.  Since the 1st day I watched The Wire and saw how you made the role Stringer Bell come to life, I was hooked!!  As you starred in other roles you nailed each and every one, some were in depth and fast, others were slow and steady but each one was so satisfying. I loved watching you be the tough all about business brother from the hood in The Wire. Sometimes In April made ME destined for the motherland! Not only did you make me yearn for it, but you brought me with you on this journey to the other side of the world. Enlightening and filling me with the knowledge of the genocide that had taken place in this country!! 


Why wouldn't I feel protected and safe with you leading the way and me hypnotized by the callous way you raise both eyebrows to the rubbing and twirling of your thumb in a circular motion against your 2 forefingers. I told you, I was HOOKED and a fan yet far from, very far from, a groupie!



Your London flavor and style says cool, accent, funky attire and all!! Confidence, arrogance, intensity, honesty, humor, integrity and generosity are some of the vibes I have picked up on you. I CAN SAY PLAIN AND SIMPLE "YOU ARE DOING THINGS and not BAD on the eyes as well!


As if I weren't already a captive audience to The Wire series because of Stringer Bell, my climax came when I heard your English accent during the interview of the making of Sometimes In April.  I had no way of knowing that after watching you as Stringer Bell that this would be the 1st of many dates and that the attractions ( Stringer In Wire 1,2, & 3, Smitty in Soul Food, Paul in Girlfriends, Augustyn in Sometimes in April, Rev C. Frank in The Gospel, Monty in Daddy's Little Girls, and the list goes on) like you would get better and bigger each time. I will be waiting in line to get my tickets for movies you have coming out now & forever.  I'll be sitting in the middle row, 4 rows from the front!


It's all about Idris Elba NOW and BabyLuv, you stroke my imagination from every angle possible, hitting my cinematic sweet spot just so.  As a jack of all trades (Father, Music Artist, Rapper, Photographer, Producer, Son and DJ ) and most importantly your acting skills have made me holler with deep laughter, boo-hoo cry, cringe, think and most definitely swoon!!


You are strong and can withstand the elements, overcome the hard knocks & take judgments. You radiate when something is going on within you. It makes you shine with confidence and self-awareness, because it reaches way down and ignites your natural glow!!


Much Love, Congrats & Good Luck...You Already KNOW,  I got your BACK!!!


So tell me WHY would you let FOLKS RUN YOU OFF Twitter? Ya Dig?....

No comments:

Post a Comment