Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lesson Of The Day: Misunderstood....

Keeping It Real: From the day, my children were born until presently, I always, always say I love them and if I am around them or speaking with them on the phone, I always tell them to have a good day before I hang up or they leave!


When my son was a sophomore in high school, I was in the shower, when he left the house, going to school and I didn't get to tell him, I love him & have a good day! When I got out of the shower & realized he was gone, I called the school and spoke with the secretary and told her my son's name and said, please tell Donte', I love him and have a good day! I even told the scenario and how I always say it, but he had left early, so I didn't get to!

Long story short, they pulled my son out of class, took him to the school's psychologist and sent the damn police to my house! Because I called and told the person whom answered the phone to relay the message, they thought I was getting ready to commit suicide! HUH? How did they ever equate me saying, I love my son & have a good day to being suicidal? They said, they have never had a parent call and say that and they thought I was going to hurt myself! The principal and assistant principal knew me and I asked, based on my character & you all knowing me, why wouldn't you call instead of sending police to my home and embarrassing my son?


Anyways, he is a grown man now with his own family and doing EXTREMELY well! He has a beautiful wife & absolutely gorgeous daughter whom I love both so very much! Ya Dig?...

No comments:

Post a Comment