Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Lesson Of The Day: BET's Boycott Movie

Keeping It Real: I feel, that most, if not ALL BLACK men & some girls too, need to watch this movie! Just to see what MLK sacrificed and went through, so that they can be where they are, now! His dying has went so much in vain because young Black men think money is the root of all! 

They sell drugs to children, pregnant women, in front of schools. They do not honor their Fathers, Mothers and most definitely NOT their sisters! They wear their pants hanging off their asses, education for some, HUH?, what is that? Dropout rate is astronomical! 

Young girls having babies! Not graduating, because they decided, they wanted a child at 16. Disrespecting and fighting their mothers.

MLK withstood a helluva lot, went through hell and high water and for what? 

During one segment of the show, when they decided to boycott and the bus drove by EMPTY, the song came on, Kirk Franklin's , Do you want a revolution, and that woot, woot.....LOL I jumped out of my seat and pumped my fist in the air to the song! At that moment, I felt so proud! 

I wish, I could have been there! Ya Dig?....  

No comments:

Post a Comment