Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Lesson Of The Day: Online Bank Scams

You are receiving this notification to update your account data.

Please confirm your details so we can update your account profile with our new security rules:

Confirm your account today

Want to confirm this email is from Wells Fargo? Sign in to your Online Banking and go to your mail.




Keeping It Real: I do NOT have a bank account with Wells Fargo and NEVER have! These notices (one above) come into my email account, almost everyday, with different bank names, in hopes of one day, sending me my correct bank name!

Am I stupid enough to click link and log into my account from one of these emails? HELL NO BUT we have some unsuspecting folks that will do just that! Banks and credit companies never send you information through your email to verify and update your account info, you can do that yourself by logging into your account from a secure internet browser! 

People, especially, the ones with older parents/grandparents who use the internet, PLEASE MAKE THEM AWARE OF THESE SCAMS! Ya Dig?....

No comments:

Post a Comment