Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Lesson Of The Day: Trying To Act Black Or White..

Keeping It Real: Why is it when a Black person enunciate & pronounce words without slang, folks says they are trying to act white? Don't you hate when a person that is not of your race tell you, you are so well spoken! Is it expected, that are Black people speak with slang? Why is it when a White person sings and dances like a Black person or even talks like one, they are trying to be Black? Why can't that person just have SOUL, deep within, because that's what makes Black people soulful! 

I was raised from kindergarten to the 8th grade with mixed races, moved to an all Black area and was constantly called Miss Proper! Trying to talk white and to this day, I am now 52, people will say, why does she talk like that? Sorry, folks, just because I use good grammar, doesn't take away my Blackness! Ya Dig?...    

2 comments:

  1. Thank You! I hear some folks say that too. How does putting your words together well and knowing how to speak to someone signify acting white? Its gotta be like that? That irritates the heck outta me.

    ReplyDelete