Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Monday, June 04, 2012

Lesson Of The Day: OWN Station/Oprah Winfrey

Keeping It Real: I watched the Oprah Show for years when she 1st started coming on ABC! I was in her studio audience on a couple of occasions. One for pregnant women, I was pregnant with my 2nd child and the other, I didn't find out title until I was seated in the audience and it was about troubled relationships and boy was my marriage in trouble at the time! Anyways, her shows became quite stuffy to me after awhile, I don't know if it was because I felt she was catering to the Black women in the beginning but to draw in the masses, she had to change! I quit watching!

Long story short, OWN TV network, which is owned by Oprah has been having rating problems! Mind you, I hadn't watched Oprah in years but I happened to see one of her Life Tour, Next Chapter commercials and I became quite intrigued! I flipped to her channel and Welcome to Sweeties was on! This show is actually really good and based out of St. Louis! I have a sister who lives in STL suburbs and I can't wait to see her and I MUST go to Sweetie Pies! They have a new show coming on with Iyanla and if you know anything about her, she is a MOTIVATOR!!!

I started watching the OWN network and am quite pleased with the shows that air on this station! All I'm saying is that yea, her ratings NEED BOOSTING which I am quite surprised being she is Oprah and BLACK!! Where is the LOVE from her own PEOPLE!! If this was Bravo, VH1, MTV or Oxygen, we would be all over it! UNREAL

Thing is, I say, if you need to learn, maybe her network can teach you! If you are sad, maybe her network can bring some joy & happiness when you least expect it! If you need help in overcoming obstacles, maybe her network can help you conquer them! If you are in the dark about things, maybe her network can help to enlighten you! If you are puzzled, maybe her network can help you find the missing piece! Sometimes that pot of gold you are looking for can be found right on your TV station! Ya Dig?..  

No comments:

Post a Comment