Folks Who Like Them Some ME!!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Lesson Of The Day: African American (the names)

Keeping It Real: We have went from being called boy & girl, to Colored, to Negro, to Black and now African American! Who thought of this?

1st, I am an American with heritage from Africa among other nationalities! I do not hail from Africa, so why should I have to agree being called an African American?! I am an American and Black! 

My parents didn't come from Africa, they were born right here in the good ole USA! Don't get me wrong, I do not have a problem with my African heritage BUT I do have a problem with being TAGGED!  I have a problem with the boy and girl reference, most definitely being called COLORED, when I am on the phone and they asked if I am a "colored" woman, I say, what color?, red, green, orange, then person will say, I mean Black, yeah right! I have problem with Negro, sounds like and too close to the "N" word but being called a Black American is fine with me or just plain ole American! Ya Dig?...

No comments:

Post a Comment